Floral for spring, for men? Groundbreaking. A trend that even the house of Givenchy and Valentino gave nods to – an homage to 1950’s counterculture of inspiration for heady, exotic prints of flowers and foliage. Brooding, bohemian and a little unorthodox – these pieces are perfectly pitched for those who like to bend the rules to their liking.
1. Haider Ackermann floral-jacquard wide-leg cotton trousers. 2.Valentino flower-print silk trousers. 3. Oliver Spencer shorts will put a dapper spin on your summer line-up. 4. Givenchy band-trimmed floral-print cotton bermuda shorts. 5. Christopher Raeburn floral-print shorts.
6. This Alexander McQueen sweater contrasts two different prints- graphic black and charcoal striping and micro bouquets of red roses.
7. Dolce & Gabbana pays inspiration to Spanish domination of Sicily, shown in this printed tee that features an ornate baroque border with a bull jumping through a red cloak at its centre.
8. This Marni shirt is finished with a painterly iris-like floral made up of daubs of blue and yellow ink.
9. Hentsch Man custom-designed the blue Hawaiian floral print blooming across this cotton T-shirt.
10. Sandro printed poplin shirt.