Lending Velvet the bestselling dishes of Delphine Restaurant & Bar at The H Hotel is equal to sharing the secrets of the most loved dishes of Hollywood A-listers. The recently opened dining and lounge spot delights the UAE guests with the taste of Southern California. Keeping in with the original West Hollywood location, Delphine Restaurant & Bar’s menu reflects the best of fresh modern Californian bistro cuisine. Here are a few recipes that you can try at home, and savour the American flavours.
Roasted lamb rack, cherry tomatoes and smoked eggplant puree
· 1 quality 6-bone rack of lamb
· Olive oil
· 2 handful cherry tomatoes
· 1 small handful garlic cloves
· Sea salt
· Freshly ground black pepper
· A few sprigs rosemary
· Two Eggplant
· Lemon juice
· 1 garlic clove
· ½ cup Yoghurt
– Preheat the oven to 190°C
– Set a large frying pan on a high heat, add a lug of olive oil and sear the lamb until golden.
– Stir in the tomatoes and with some seasoning, rosemary sprigs and the garlic cloves, drizzle with a little olive oil and place in a roasting tin.
– Depending on the size of the racks, the lamb will take somewhere between 20 and 30 minutes to cook, but will still be pink in the middle (add 5 to 10 minutes if you like your meat well done).
When the lamb is cooked to your liking, slice it into chops and serve with the smoked eggplant puree, the roasted cherry tomatoes and some thyme infused lamb sauce.
Smoked eggplant puree
– Heat a char grill to very hot. Slice the aubergines in half lengthways, then grill for 25 mins, turning occasionally, until soft – the skin will remain firm, but the flesh will soften. Lift the aubergines off the grill and leave until cool enough to handle.
– Using a sharp knife, score the grilled flesh and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Tip into a blender and blitz until you get a thick puree. mix in the lemon juice and garlic. Add the yogurt and season. Serve while still warm.
· 300gr fresh tuna steak
· 30 gr olive oil
· 1/2 lime juice
· 1 teaspoons sesame oil
· 2 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
· Kosher salt
· Freshly ground black pepper
· 1 teaspoon choppeed chive
· 1 tablespoons minced shallot
· 2 ripe avocados
· 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
– In a bowl combine the olive oil, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and seeds salt and pepper.
– Cut the tuna into 1/4-inch dice.
– Pour dressing over the tuna brunoise.
– Mix in the shallot.
– Cut avocado into a 1/4 inch dice.
– Rest in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
– Upon service, layer in a mold, garnish with coriander cress and fresh chilli julienne and serve with a boule of fried wonton pastry.
· Almond paste 170 gr
· Butter 170gr
· Sugar 150gr
· Vanilla pod 1
· Eggs 3
· Flour 128 gr
· Baking Powder 1 tsp
· Salt 1 tsp
· Sour Cream 155gr
– Mix Almond paste with butter sugar and vanilla until soft.
– Add slowly the eggs one by one.
– Add all the dried ingredients.
– At the end add the sour cream to the mixture.
– Bake 160 C for 15 min
– Serve the almond cake with fresh berries a good dollop of cream and the cherry sorbet.
· 4 cups pitted sour or sweet cherries
· 1 cup water
· 2-4 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar or superfine sugar
– Pour cherries, water and sugar to taste in a blender until smooth.
– Strain through a fine sieve, pressing on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
– Process in an ice cream maker until firm and slushy.
– Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve.