She is a Lebanese make up artist, Vlogger and Instagram celebrity, who since the age of 18, has been sharing her work on Instagram, receiving questions on ‘how-to’; she started her YouTube channel which she
She is a Lebanese make up artist, Vlogger and Instagram celebrity, who since the age of 18, has been sharing her work on Instagram, receiving questions on ‘how-to’; she started her YouTube channel which she uses to teach (in English and Arabic) viewers how to create the perfect look. She currently has over 1 million views.
Leading lash brand Pinky Goat has teamed up with this young, makeup sensation to create a brand new limed edition lash collection MAYA by Pinky Goat, which launched September 1st, 2015. We caught up with Maya to get the best tips for you, dear Velveteers. Read on!
Few makeup tips and tricks can be life changing sometimes! Here are my favourite ones:
Most of us have dark circles and puffiness under our eyes, instead of just sweeping a layer of concealer on the entire area, first use a peach coloured corrector to hide the dark circles, then highlight the crease and apply a darker shade to the puffy area. Voila, no more dark circles!
Everyone is raving these days about the strobing technique, it gives a gorgeous glow to the face, but if you have pimples, stay away from it because it will only draw more attention to them. Instead, go for the matte look.
Eyelashes are a huge thing this season; they can bring your look from drab to fab in a minute! To perfectly apply them:
- Gently peel them off. Apply a tiny amount of glue on the band and wait for 45 seconds.
- Start by holding in the middle and align with the center of the eye and as close as possible to the lash line, then press on each end to make sure its perfectly glued! My MAYA by Pinky Goat eyelashes are perfect as you have five different looks to chose from – meaning five different looks for five different occasions! For me, the false eyelashes are a forever trend; I am so in love with my new MAYA by Pinky Goat lashes and the Faux Mink Lashes, also by Pinky Goat.
Winter is coming, and many bold makeup trends will hit this coming season as seen on Fall/Winter fashion shows. Dark shades of bordeaux lips are one of these trends, graphic eyeliner too.
As a makeup fanatic I can never leave the house without these 5 amazing products:
- Mac “Subculture” for perfect matte nude lips.
- Sephora small spray bottle filled with Make Up For Ever “Mist & Fix” setting spray (Sounds like a lot, but this small bottle will fit in any bag and you can freshen up wherever you are).
- Lancôme “Absolue” serum; it does amazing work with renewing, improving and firming the skin!
- Make Up For Ever “Pro Bronze Fusion” for gorgeous, naturally sun-kissed looking skin and it’s also waterproof!
- Benefit “They’re Real” mascara to keep my eyes looking awake!
- Never wear a darker or a lighter shade of foundation! Find the perfect match by always trying the foundation on your neck and match the colour with your neck and chest.
- Never over do it with sculpting the face. Avoid the obvious contouring by blending it very well and using a pro-angled brush.
- Never highlight the blemishes or pimples. If you have problematic skin, always go for the matte look.
- Never use a lighter or darker concealer. The concealer has to always be one shade lighter than your foundation.
- Never use your hands when applying makeup. Brushes were made for a reason, just make sure to wash them regularly.
MAYA by Pinky Goat available at www.pinkygoat.com