Spinach Groat (Burgol) Salad
1) Wash the groats, place it in deep bowl, cover with water and keep for few minutes.
2) Chop the spinach.
3) Drain the groats and add to it salt, black pepper, paprika, chili paste, mixed spices and cumin, mix it well.
4) Add the tomato paste, olive oil, lemon juice and the pomegranate molasses until it’s all mixed.
5) Add the spinach and mix it well with the groats mixture.
6) Serve the salad with pomegranate on top.
Eggplant With Cheese
1) Heat the oven to 200 C.
2) Slice eggplants.
3) Slice tomatoes.
4) In a cup, add the lemon peel, oregano, garlic, mixed spices, salt, black pepper, onion powder and half amount of the olive oil, stir it well then add the mixture to the eggplants and tomatoes.
5) In oven type deep pan, start arranging the eggplants and tomatoes in sequence with alternation while adding two kind of cheese between the slices.
6) Once done arranging all the vegetables, spread the bread crumbs on top surface.
7) Spread the rest of the olive oil on top.
8) Place the pan in the oven without
cover for 30mins. Until cooked (if you prefer the vegetable to be soft, then cover it with foil for 20min. then remove the foil for 10min to make it a bit roasted.)
Discover Chef Manal Al Alem’s recipes here.